You explained it in a minute whereas I would've probably taken 5 minutes to write that out... I can do it, but I can't explain it that well. Thanks Scott. This is precisely what we have to be aware of... and would you believe it? This helps us to be aware in every day life as well. I'm an aspiring martial artist, and although my martial art is mainly solo practice... there are partnered forms in which blows are exchanged and countered. I find myself able to block more precisely and accurately because of my experience with fighting games... and I can predict the blow quite accurately. The partnered forms are pre-arranged, so it is one strike for one block. However when the strike happens is not determined... and you cannot block before the cut actually begins. For anyone who's wondering what kind of insane art this seems to sound like... I practice iaido, which is a japanese sword art.