What's the name of your headphone, and is it surround sound?
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Surround sound?

Hi Muhammed,

I honestly don't know, but there are a lot of sound cards that have
5.1 surround sound support. However, the high-end sound cards like the
Soundblaster X-Fi and Sound Blaster Audegy IV have three speaker
outputs instead of one. The reason is if you go out and buy a 5.1
surround sound speaker system for the computer there is three plugs
that go into the sound card. One is for the two front speakers, one is
for the two rear speakers, and one is for the center speaker. If you
don't have this then you do have to opt for the USB headset I'm
talking about.

The nice thing about the USB headset I'm talking about it doesn't
matter what kind of sound card is in your system. It plugs into a
standard USB port, and acts as an independant audio device from the
sound card. You can setupdifferent mixer settings for the headphones
than those you normally use for your sound card. So if you plan going
the 5.1 headphone setup don't worry about what sound card you have as
it doesn't matter. They don't even use that.

HTH