Hi Thomas.
I personally think your far too kind in this. Yes I am greatful you
have informed the community why Beta18 hasn't been released as
announced previously. But asking the community whether they want it
now unfinished or to wait I feel is unnecessary. You as the developer
should do as you wish and what you need to do to satisfy yourself. I
honestly believe this decision should be purely down to you, and agree
that you should not release anything, any betas, any finished product
or anything until you are as happy with it as you ar going to be. Yes
people will mown and complain, but at the end of the day you create
these games in your spair time, for your enjoyment as much if not more
than to make money, so I think your satisfaction is key.
I think you've given the community far too much freedom in saying what
they want from this game etc, and believe it should be your project,
and people will buy it when its ready, regardless of if they have had
input into the game or not.
Sorry for that rant, but this pandering to blind gamers too much gets
on my nerves, mainstream developers wouldn't dream of asking their
customers such a question and people still buy their games. Yes keep
us up to date with progress, but no more.
THanks
RIchard