Hi Philip,

that was a very good article, and straight to the point. I've
encountered the same issues as you discuss, and at the moment that's
why I host the full DirectX runtime on my website. Still I'd be very
interested in your Inno Setup scripts so I can update
XAudio2, X3D, etc in the background as I'm likely going to be using
those components in the Genesis 3D engine myself in the not too
distant future. Like you I'd rather not have to depend on people
figuring out if they have the right versions of the libraries
installed and just do it. In fact, I need to do this with the Visual
C++ runtimes as well as I'm getting a bit tired of people not having
them and e-mailing support for help when I could just bundle them in
as a silent install.