aah thanks for clarifying that.
At 01:09 a.m. 9/03/2011, you wrote:
Hi Shaun,

The issue with SFML crashing on exit had nothing to do with OpenAL
though. That is a bug in sfml-window.dll, and for reasons no one has
figured out it conflicts with some Windows XP vidio drivers.  However,
it works perfectly fine on the same system using Linux, and Mac OS
users haven't seen this bug either.

As for the 3d panning I explained that in a prior e-mail as well.
Basically, I was using sfml-audio.dll which was a middleware wrapper
for OpenAL. Unfortunately, sfml-audio, while decent for most uses,
doesn't completely expose the OpenAL API so someone can't just add a
pan control using SFML. However, if youwrite your own pan control for
OpenAL directly then I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too bad.

HTH