Hi Dark,

I see your point, but the problem is that most audio manuals/audio
books aren't split up into chapters and sections where you can jump to
a section as needed. Some of the better audio books like those from
RFB&D have beeps in them to help you find the start of a chapter while
fast forwarding and rewinding, but when I got my textbooks from
disability services on tape there was no such indicators. I just got
25 to 30 tapes per book, and finding anything on them was a nightmare.
So as you say audio books could be made to work if indexed properly,
but if not forget it. I've just found I'd rather have it in text,
html, xml, doc, whatever to find information quicker.

Cheers!