Hi Phil,

Smile. You are in luck. As it so happens running jumps have been one
of the requests I've actually gotten around to adding to MOTA in beta
18. If you use shift+control+left arrow or shift+control+right arrow
Angela will run up to a pit, spike trap, etc then jump over it. With
the new jump mechanics in beta 18 you actually do have to figure out
how long to hold the keys down or she'll over jump the trap or not
jump far enough. So part of what you are asking for is being fulfilled
right now in MOTA beta 18.

However, as for speaking you jumped 5 feet, 7 feet, etc I'm with
Philip.  I really don't like games with too much verbosity in them. It
is my personal opinion that a really good accessible game is one that
has enough audio clues or indicators that speech is unnecessary.

For example, one suggestion Dark had is if you are trying to jump a
pit a large pit would sound deeper than a small pit. If you realise
that you can probably figure out if the pit is jumpable or not just by
the sound it makes. Something simple like that would render a command
which says pit 10 feet wide pretty much unnecessary.