Hi Dark,

Yeah, that's definitely a good point. Its not just the fact of the 40
hour work week, having a family life, but everything does take a
little more time just because of our disability in a lot of cases.

Here in the USA, for example, its generally assumed you can see to
drive a car. That means public transport services in and around the
USA aren't as good as they are over in Europe unless you go to New
York City or something like that. So for me catching a ride with
anyone other than my wife is pretty difficult. I either have to pay a
taxi service which means waiting up to 30 minutes for the taxi to show
up, or if I'm in a city like Canton or Cleveland making sure I'm at
the bus stop at the right time and place to get picked up on time.
Just in general travel alone I have to go out of my way to get
transport, to be somewhere on time, where someone sighted like my wife
can simply get in the car and drive straight there. I know when I
lived in Dayton Ohio I can clearly remember plenty of cases where it
took me an hour to get somewhere like the mall that would normally be
a 10 minute drive. So for us a lot of time is just simply waisted on
simple things like getting to and from the store on our own.

Then, there is general accessibility issues. Last year Microsoft
released Visual Studio 2010. I upgraded to it only to discover NVDA,
Window-Eyes, Jaws, you name it would not work with it at all. Totally
unaccessible. Finally, GW Micro released Window-Eyes 7.5 and a lot of
the access issues with Visual Studio have been fixed and I can at
least get access to the development studio software now. Things like
that really throws a big monkey rench into my life as a programmer as
I either have to spend extra time trying to figure out how to use this
mostly inaccessible piece of software, or sit around and wait until my
screen reader manufacturer comes out with a patch or upgrade which
makes it more accessible. Those kinds of things do effect how I create
games for sure.

Cheers!