Hi Willem,

True, but based on my limited experience with OpenAL panning sounds as
you described isn't as smooth sounding as DirectSound's 2d stereo pan
control. Do you remember beta 14 and beta 15?

The game was using SFML-Audio which was a wrapper for OpenAL, and I
could never get OpenAL to pan correctly. Oh, I could pan sounds
left/right by keeping the y axis and z axis fixed, but it didn't pan
smoothly. I don't know if it was just me or OpenAL, but I was just
unable to make it pan exactly like DirectX. That said, as I've decided
to adopt OpenAL for my cross-platform engine for Linux and Mac this is
something I will be looking into further as I'm going to have to make
it work somehow.