Hi Lori,

A couple of things.

First, Microsoft does still support Windows XP. Although, they wanted
to drop support for XP for a while now there are so many XP users that
they have extended the support until 2014 or something like that. I
don't recall the exact date of when support runs out, but the fact is
they still support it even if they don't sell it currently.

Second, the error you are getting is a standard error report. It could
mean anything, and you have to read the details to get anything
remotely useful out of it.

Third, you don't have to buy a new laptop right now. If you know
someone with some technical skills just reinstall Windows XP from
scratch. That will fully restore everything to working order and
correct the problem for sure. I wouldn't just run out and buy a new
laptop just because you are having problems with the one you hav. The
problem is fixable.

Finally, if you do decide to buy a new laptop, one with Windows 7 on
it, you should be able to play most of the games you have now. Yes,
there are technical issues with some games but their are usually work
arounds etc to make them run on Windows7. So I wouldn't worry about it
too much.

HTH