If you have only one solution to all pc problems, it's bound to be the best one some time or another.
On 7/2/2011 5:57 PM, Yohandy wrote:
Shaun,
Do you seriously love reformatting your system for no reason? I mean you reformatted every couple of days. seriously? you do know that when trying to help people, reformatting should be their last alternative right?

----- Original Message ----- From: "shaun everiss" <sm.ever...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 2:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] recovering game information

you may have a virus.
My grandpa had this happen once on his system.
Though he did not have any security and his system was old so it was replaced.
There is no reason why windows should even do this.
Firstly, the system is probably semi corrupted.
Reformat and reinstall.
This should fix the issue at hand though not the real problem.
I have no idea and am probably thinking on the completely wrong track but viruses aside its almost like your clock or something just died.
I had this happen with an old laptop.
ANd its not worth it.
You can make it work for a bit by reformatting every couple days or so which I ended up doing for a while.
That always fixed things.
Ofcause the real solution is in my case to get a new main board and then its probably easier and cheaper to buy a new laptop because they cost the same or more. There could be a frying powermodule, hard drive, memmory chip or something. Its just possible your cmos battery needs changing, not the pack, there are a couple small batteries in the laptop and one of them controls the bios and system states for a 3 month period.
Basically if this dies good by settings everywhere.
Again you need a tech to replace this and buying a new system may just be cheaper again I have no idea.