Well said Dark.  I have seen this at least 100 times on e-mail lists... I
just hope everything can get back to normal around here...

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 3:39 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] going off list

Hello to Everyone.

I freely admit that my own reaction here may have been just as over
sensative as any in this rather ridiculous situation.

thanks to some time, and all the very appreciative messages I recieved, I
realized that perhaps my going off in a sulk would be a childish reaction
and rather over blown given the situation.

so, i will not be leaving the list, and thanks again to the many mails I
recieved from people.

I would however like to use the time to remind people of the fact that sinse
mails are text, it is only the words someone reads that convey meaning.

Thus sentences or points of tone that would be perfectly acceptable offline
given the right intonation, appear quite different online.

for instance, my brother always pickes up the phone and greets me with
"greetings fool!"

On the phone in my brothers tone of voice this is fine, ---- however would I
say it to someone on list or E-mail? ----- heck no!

analysing the recent crysis, it seems that this is what happened, comments
were taken out of context, people got irritated and the hole thing rather
escalated.

Might I recommend that everyone, ---- distinctly and deffinately including
myself, show some forthought in reading our comments and mails, and some
considderation of what another person would see reading them.

then perhaps such a ridiculous farse can be avoided in future, and also
perhaps things can be repared.

All the best,

_____________ NOD32 EMON 6311 (20110720) information _____________

_____________ NOD32 EMON 6312 (20110721) information _____________