Hi Darren,

Agreed. That was basically my point in my prior post on comparing Pull
to Duck Hunt. I don't think we should just accept a lower standard
because it is quicker, easier, it was a first game, whatever. There
are clear cut features that are easy enough to put in place and for
reasons only known to the developers who create the audio games they
aren't always followed or added.

For instance, take the analog jump system in Mysteries of the
Ancients. I've gotten a number of complaints about it simply because a
lot of VI gamers aren't use to timing a jump. Yet analog jumping has
been in about every mainstream game i can think of from Montezuma's
Revenge, to Super Mario Brothers, to Donkey Kong, to Tomb Raider. It
was actually something quite simple to add, and I find it a bit
surprising that I'm currently the only audio game developer using that
type of jump system in my games. That's just a small example of how
there is an existing standard in mainstream games that hasn't yet made
it into wide use in audio games yet.

Cheers!