Awesome!
Thanks!
Christina

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Kaldobsky" <jer...@kaldobsky.com>
To: "audyssey" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:58 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Castaways version 1.8b

I've just uploaded version 1.8b that has several fixes people have been asking
for.  To make mission 3 a little easier, I've
started you out with 4 metal and 2 tomes.  This will allow people to build a
barracks sooner, if they so desire.  The tomes
will help diversify the strategies since people will likely spend them on
different kinds of units.

The messages that mixed up cavalry and pikemen should be fixed.  The soldiers
still automatically train since I haven't
figured out how I want to handle doing it manually yet, but they should be
smarter about making that choice.  When battling
enemy soldiers in mission 3, your troops will now make smarter choices about
which to fight.  If there are a few enemy types
close by, your people will tend to attack the ones they stand a better chance
at fighting, and avoiding those they are
weakest against.  Lumberjacks are now fixed for when the resources run out on
the map.  Instead of vanishing forever, they
will bring back logs from outside of the map just like other job types do.
Starting a new game should correctly reset the
time counter so that enemies in mission 3 don't attack you sooner than they
should.  Monks should be fixed so that they do
their primary job before working secondary jobs.  Upgraded people can no longer
get pregnant, so this should
 solve the situations where upgrades were lost after having a child.  A few
people running jaws 8 were having trouble getting
the game to load, and I think I have that fixed now.  I've added in some sounds
that play as you arrow across the map.  The
sounds are a quicker way to identify rocks, trees, and even enemies.  I don't
have any sounds for buildings yet.