Hi Greg,

I highly recommend the free archiving tool 7zip. It has great
compression, is totally free, and is as good as Winzip, Winrar, or any
of the other professional zip tools. You can get it from
http://www.7zip.com
and as Dark mentioned it can open several file types including
Windows, Mac, and Linux archive file types.