Actually the reason that is happening is because, as it turns out, Jaws was
never broken but Window eyes support was.  You must go through window eyes
before selecting Jaws, and the bug in Window eyes is causing that problem with
the keys.  I think I have it fixed, but we won't know for sure until the next
update is released.