Hi Shaun,

I'm in a position to solve all of your problems here, but I'd like to
see some samples of the show before I commit to a project like this. I
think that an audio podcast in of itself is a good idea, but we need
someone semi-professional to host it and someone with the right
equipment to record and edit the shows. I've heard some really
professional podcasts in my time, and I've heard some that sound like
crap. Obviously, the more professional sounding we can get the show to
sound the more I'm in favor of donating web space etc for the project.

As for a subdomain of Audyssey.org I'm pretty sure that won't work.
For one thing there is no space on the webserver to host the casts,
unless they are hosted elsewhere,  and Raul would have to grant me
access to the control panel to create the subdomain and install
Wordpress, etc.

As for Wordpress that's no problem. As you know I have my own
Wordpress blog so I've had personal experience setting up and managing
a Wordpress blog. All I need to know where to put it and have access
to MySQL so I can create the databases etc you'll need for the blog
users and admins.

Alternatively, you might consider using a wiki instead. That way users
can edit the pages as needed, add articles, posts, whatever is
required as long as they have edit privlages. Any thoughts on that?

As for donating you'll probably want something like a Paypal IPN
script which will allow people to pay via Paypal to whomever will end
up running the podcast. I've got such IPN scripts written in php, but
they'd have to be modified as I primarily designed them for USA Games
sales and ordering rather than donations.

As for your equipment problem goes I don't want to sound rude, but if
you don't have the right equipment to do this then you probably aren't
the right person for the job. I understand you are eager to help,
interested in kicking this podcast off, etc however having the
equipment and someone who can talk without interjecting ah's, oh's,
um's, etc is essential in my book in putting together a
semi-professional podcast. That's how I see it.

For instance, I won't host the podcast myself simply because I don't
fit the requirements for a commentator. For one thing I have never had
something of a great voice to begin with, but a few years ago I had
some nerve damage to my face which makes it difficult for me to talk
clearly. Sometimes my words are slurred or come out sounding mumbled
because its hard to get my mouth to speak words clearly. As a result I
don't think I would make a very good commentator.

In short, knowing what we each can bring to this project and what
areas we aren't very good at will insure we find the right people for
each position for the job.