Hi.
I thought yours was too quiet too. I assumed, since you said earlier that yours is not quiet, that it was the way you were recording, just that your microphone was hotter than the game, but the way you recorded it is more or less how my game sounds normally. I never heard any of the monsters you talked about in your game unless they growled. You were hearing a lot more than I was able to hear listening to the podcast. I know I have a hearing loss, but I didn't think it was that bad. I guess I should just be happy that I can at least fix it on my computer and get it so that I'm pretty comfortable with it.

Jeremy, I know I already mentioned it, and I bet you heard me the first time, but just in case, do you think you could increase the volume of the footstep sounds for grass? Unless Kai handles that. Sorry if I didn't spell that right. Of course, maybe they're supposed to be quiet, and the monsters have more trouble hearing you in the grass too, in which case I would retract that request.
Sent with Thunderbird 3.1.16 portable.

On 11/13/2011 4:10 AM, Darren Duff wrote:
That's nasty! Lol! I want windows to just be windows and leave my sound
alone! No wonder I haven't upgraded to 7 yet! Ah... Good ol win xp! I love
you! *grin*

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Valiant8086
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:18 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] thoughts on swamp

Hi.
I'm not Jonnie I admit, but being able to boost both sides together too
would sure be nice. My game is still quiet, regardless of skype. By the way,
what you're referring to when you told me about skype making the volume of
other sounds decrease is a feature in win7 that is found in the sounds
control pannel under the communications tab. It allows you to select whether
or how much you want your volume of other sounds to be decreased when in a
VOIP call. I usually have this hp's volume at about 20 percent, but when I
play swamp, I put it at 100 percent and use NVDA to read it instead of JAWS,
as NVDA allows you to turn down the speech volume. I use it at about 20
percent and that's what I was doing with swamp though I didn't mention it in
the review. If I'm not mistaken Shades of Doom uses the same language and
technology as Swamp, and it's not quiet like that. If I have to, I'm happy
to at least be able to turn it up at all, but it sure is quiet on my end.
Also, a cool feature in
win7 is that you can adjust the volume of running programs individually
using the sound mixer aplet, but the sigmotel, IDT audio what ever you want
to call it, in my hp pulls the master volume up when you increase the volume
of something. So the only solution there is to turn master volume all the
way up then bring down everything but swamp. That messes those other
programs up when you're done playing and want to do other things, though. So
My NVDA solution is ;probably the best for now.

Thanks for bringing us this game. I'm pretty hooked on it. I'm happy I'm at
least somewhat good at it. I'm lucky to be able to play anything, and I'm
not half bad at swamp, at least not by my own standards. I'm ready to record
the new lines for my voiceover whenever.

_____________ NOD32 EMON 6624 (20111112) information _____________

_____________ NOD32 EMON 6624 (20111112) information _____________

http://www.eset.com