Hmmm, one thing that would be really nice is a link to the swamp patch on the main games page, I can't get the direct link to work (though this may be due to me typing it in on my laptop (I use my braillenote for emails).

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeremy Kaldobsky <jer...@kaldobsky.com
To: audyssey <gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 17:06:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [Audyssey] Swamp, version 1.5b update

I am sure everyone is absolutely sick of Swamp updates that don't fix the bugs, lol, well I hope this will break the terrible chain of failures! I finally started monitoring the right thing and I got some answers. In the event of rounding errors or bad messages sent from either the client or server, each are designed to dump the garbage parts of the message. If everything is working it's rare that either should even have to use this feature, but it's in there just for the sake of added reliability. So I just felt like monitoring that to see if anything junk was being filtered out, expecting to maybe see a random digit or character float by, if anything at all. Lo and behold, pages upon pages of stuff started filling my log!

Back when I increased the number of zombies I was also planning to increase the number of items to find around the map. I changed my mind on that but apparently I had left a piece of code in there that was requesting the additional items. Since the client and server disagreed about the number to expect, those extra messages were being flagged as garbage and being filtered out. The problem is, good messages were being filtered out as well! When the trash was dumped it was dumping everything sent in that message.

I've corrected that problem and even added to the filter code just in case this happens again. Instead of dumping everything, it will more closely examine what parts are trash and which are good. Right away the garbage log dropped down to absolutely nothing at all, which is what I expected at the beginning. I bought some items and everything worked fine, so I'm really really hoping this solves everything finally!

The main file upload will take another 30 minutes or so, but if you already have version 1.4b then there's no need to waste time downloading the larger file anyway. Just download this small patch file and you will be updated to version 1.5b.
[url=http://www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/SwampPatch.zip]www.kaldo
bsky.com/audiogames/SwampPatch.zip[/url]

Changes from version 1.4b to 1.5b

- Found and fixed a message leak in the transfer between the client and server. This was causing them both to ocassionally miss entire messages and therefore caused bugs ranging from the 0,0 spawning bug, all of the way to the reputation bug!