I've been mulling awards and have some thoughts to share.  There are
currently two different award currencies, experience and reputation.
Experience gives access to higher-level stuff, while reputation is the
currency with which you buy it.

There are also two variables in zombie killing, the zombie type you kill and
the weapon with which you do it.  This should allow for some variation in
awards.

I suggest that reputation should be awarded on the basis of which weapon you
use to kill the zombie.  Axe should get the highest award, followed by
pistol and shotgun.  I'm not sure exactly how to order the rest.  I
personally have an easier time with the hunting rifle than I do with the
Banally, but it has five shots vs. eight, so one could argue that it's
harder because of more frequent reloads.  The assault rifle, m-60 and Vulcan
all seem similar, though if I remember correctly the machine guns have a
longer range.  And I'm not sure where the sniper rifle fits in, still
mastering that weapon.

The second variable is zombie type, and this should be accounted for with
different experience awards.  It is certainly more difficult to kill a
tyrant or matriarch than it is to kill the garden variety zombie.

I think I'd save the 1 rep point award for kills with the big guns.  Axe
might be worth as much as 10, pistol maybe 7 and shotgun 5 with others
proceeding from there.  This makes those times with only a pistol and axe
and no ammo a bit easier to deal with.

As for exp, have the common zombie worth 5.  I'd argue the dogs should be
worth less; I've one-shotted them with a pistol.  Other types go up in award
to maybe 20 for the tyrant?

Lastly, there needs to be a limiting factor on experience.  As it is,
everyone's going to be level 5 sooner or later; you just have to keep
playing, never mind how many times you die.  Reputation is self-limiting
since you spend it for stuff, but experience has no such limiting factor.
So I propose that death should cost experience.  I'd reset it to 0, but we
all know I'm the rat bastard who wants to steal all your fun.  perhaps a
compromise of half would work.

Anyway, that's what I have so far, now that the worst of the bugs have been
squashed.  (Great work and thank you Jeremy.)

                Chris Bartlett