Hi Alex,

Yes, definitely true. I am no Microsoft fan myself, but I think people
are being just a little too harsh over this issue of Visual Basic
compatibility etc.

Microsoft has good reasons for removing Visual Basic support even if
some of us don't necessarily agree with them. Its not because they are
lazy or have some sinister plan to screw everyone over. This change
has been in the works since 2001, and Microsoft made it known that
when .Net 1.0 and Visual Basic .NET  were released Visual Basic 6 was
deprecated and moved to legacy support. In 2008--a full seven years
later--Microsoft officially dropped Visual Basic 6 support altogether.
Its not like this all happened over night and Visual Basic 6
developers weren't put on notice.

In a case like that I have to side with Microsoft because they
maintained support for Visual Basic 6 long after it was deprecated and
replaced by Visual Basic .NET. They also made it known that they were
no longer continuing to support VB 6, and were actively recommending
people switch as early as 2002/2003. If accessible game developers
continued to use VB 6, ignored what was being said, etc its their own
fault. They have no one to blame but themselves for not beginning to
switch over to .NET  years ago. I for one am happy to See David
Greenwood planning to upgrade one of his games using newer APIs and
programming languages rather than continue using VB 6 which was
designed for a completely different era of computer hardware and
software.

Cheers!