Shaun, you said:
"We must remember that all the interfaces, reader, etc are kernal
based, no doubt we will have other issues with touch."

What exactly do you mean by this statement? If I decode this
correctly, do you imply that all screen readers need to install hooks
into the windows kernel that might not work the same on each system?
This is not true by the way. NVDA and System access does not require
any hooks into the kernel of windows and as long as you use the
methods to access the touch pad or anything else, I can't see what the
problem might be. The method jfw, etc uses will need to be changed
anyway as windows 8 is very different in this regard to windows 7 and
these hooks into the kernel won't work as before.