And be patient. If you don't hear anything right away don't write him again. Heck, we haven't really had any new news on MOTA in a while and I haven't written about it because I know that when there's something worth reporting Thomas will let us know. The same is true in Mario's case. If and when there's something worth reporting he'll make it known.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Allison Mervis" <alliso...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 9:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Silversword is not the game for the blind.

Here's the thing Michael. It's the little things that we do when we write to other people which set the tone of our messages. I think you know that your writing could stand to improve pretty significantly. You don't use proper punctuation and grammar, you don't structure your sentences very well, and your messages always sound as though you've written them in a terrible hurry. This combination of factors would make anyone sound demanding and rude. If you'd take an extra five minutes to run spell checker and proofread your messages, that would go a long way towards changing the overall tone. You also need to be a lot more specific when you're communicating with developers. Judging by your communications to the list, you've basically kept saying to poor Mario, "This isn't accessible, fix it," over and over again. Any time one of us has suggested a particular game feature which needs to be improved, you respond almost as though you haven't played the game yourself. Sometimes I think you simply loaded the intro screen of the game, saw that the buttons weren't initially labeled, and shot off an email to the developer with no clear idea of the specific changes that needed to be made. This placed a terribly heavy burden on Mario. I suspect that all of the things he learned about implementing the level of accessibility which currently exists within the game was a result of his own research and hard work. He should be commended for that. These are just a few more things to keep in mind as you hopefully work to improve your advocacy skills.
Allison