Hi Dark,

Yes, adding several different random events can be fun. I recently was
testing out my speech module for the Genesis Engine, using SAPI 5
support, and I wrote a simple adult interactive fiction game. The
reason I chose to use my engine instead of a dedicated I.F. language
is I wanted a greater degree of randomness in the game.

For example, you might be eating dinner with the female character and
you ask her what she would like to have. One time she might reply
white wine, another red wine, another something else. It makes it so
the game never quite gets boring because every time you play she'll
give different answers to questions.

Not only that she'll change her hair style from game to game, she'll
have on a different outfit, and so on. Its not a complex game yet, but
its kind of fun seeing how many variations of the same scene the game
can come up with from what color of lipstick she has on to
pornographic descriptions after you get her into bed.

Anyway, I don't intend to release the game to the general public, but
those concepts will be applied to my future games in the future. As
you said adding a lot of random events makes it so a game never quite
gets dull or tiring because there are so many variations and random
events that you won't explore them all in the first game and probably
not the second.

Cheers!