Hi Dark,

Agreed. Back when I originally created STFC I scrounged the internet
plus wwent through my TNG shows to get decent recordings of Picard
saying things like "fire photon torpedoes, fire phasers, on screen,
engage," and so on. It made the game extremely realistic as the orders
to perform various actions sounded like the TV show. Having a TTS
voice announce those things never felt that realistic to me.

I think if I were to do a new Star Trek game I'd get one of our
talented voice actors to speak various commands like "arm phasers, arm
photon torpedoes, arm quantum torpedoes, all stop," etc as that would
really make that that much better. When an enemy ship approaches
having the captain ordering the crew to battle stations really would
make it more realistic.

I don't care if Crystal or some other SAPI voice speaks menus, status
reports, etc as you'd expect a computer voice for interacting with
ship functions anyway. However, a human is better for the captain and
crew. Even a quick "aye Sir" from the helm, tactical, or ops station
is realistic where SAPI voices would be out of place.