Hi Lori,

As others have said with a laptop touch pad all you have to do is
slide your finger left or right over the pad to turn left/right, and I
think w walks forward, and s walks backward.  Although, laptop touch
pads are usable like a lot of others I find it a bit easier to use a
physical USB mouse rather than a touch pad. However, a laptop touch
pad is certainly usable with a little practice.