You have to guess somewhat. The shopkeepers in indira are particularly well set for buying items, and souls will sell at the potion people in indira and venmarkin (though they don't usually have the gold for them). Also, I've personally made a couple hundred thousand gold selling souls to players, though they're only going to be interested in pales or better, some are deeps and better. As a rule, mage shopkeepers are interested in scrolls, and weaponsmiths will buy almost whatever, though usually it's just easier to steal from them. If you've got something in particular in mind, mudmail xorg (x o r g) and I'll get back to you when I log on next. Also, the only shopkeepers that have a chance of buying things are going to be nokill (there's no way to attack them). There happens to be a cleric shopkeeper in naftali that's usually rich, though I haven't found anything he'll buy. If a shopkeeper stocks a particular item it will *not* sell if it loads by default. This can be rather difficult to tell though.
----- Original Message -----
From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 19:43:23 -0000
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Alter Aeon and Disappearing Items

Hi John, I just unfortunately wrote a message about this before seeing this
one.

I never seem to have luck selling anything. how do you know what someone will buy? I have a hole bunch of soul stones, indeed I seem to make them faster than I use them, and I keep picking up weapons and spellcomps, but any shopkeeper I take them too, ---- however logical they might seem just won't pay for them, I get "so and so isn't interested in that item right
now"

Is there a command that tells you what a given person will buy? Is it just
luck?

Have I perhaps missed a new upgrade to the game?

Beware the grue!