To: "Thomas Ward" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Python and Interactive Fiction

Hi Thomas,

Yep, well, there is no Jim Kitchen the third, so I don't plan on some one taking over the Kitchensinc games. I know that partially because of starting out only being able to use two letters for variable names and because space was limited, I have always been conscious of size of code and later sound files. I know that it really is no longer a problem, but I do hate to waste space. Plus typing less is a good thing for me. I would probably not like to be some one else trying to read my code though. And heck as I have mentioned, many of my VB6 games were converted from dos games and thus actually still have line numbers from BasicA and GW Basic instead of line labels like Quick Basic, VB6 etc can use.

Every once in a while I will add a comment line in my code, but usually it is just a temporary place marker and I go through and delete them when I am finished with that bit of code.

dim pd$(5, 15) is the global variable for the players and their 14 parts of description for the game that I am working on now. I'm sure that it would make sense to others if the variable name was more like dim PlayerDescription(5, 15) but I like less typing and as long as I know the code that is all that matters. Well that and that it compiles, runs, and does what I want it to do.

BFN

    Jim

Cool! all of the hard work has paid off, my name is a household word.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA

    Jim

Kitchen's Inc, for games that are up to 110 percent funner to play.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA