hi Tom.

But that you've said it yourself. Why should up put up with all the hastles with windows 7 if there is no bennifit? yes, it might be able to use more of a pc's hardware and bigger ram, but what is that bigger ram going to actually do for me?

To missquote a famous Us president, ask not what you can do for your pc, but what your pc can do for you!

when a lot of stuff can't! be done on xp, then is the point I'll considder upgrading, when it will actually give me bennifits, but as it stands given the huge amounts of hastle, stupid less accessible ui, and incompatibility with many older programs, ---- I see little reason to at the moment.

Five years down the line things may be different, and there may be some convincing reasons to upgrade, but I don't see them at the present moment.

As for borrowed time, well being as windows 7 64 bit has killed a lot of compatibility with 32 and 16 bit applications, it's almost the other way around as far as I'm concerned, upgrading would put you out on a limb.

As to brousers, ie9 doesn't seem to be compatible with xp, sinse whenever I go to the page the only package I'm directed to has an upgrade for windows 7 along with ie9 and a statement that it won't run on xp, which is why indeed I'm still using ie8.

As to firefox I've been trying it recently but everytime I run it, it crashes within about 30 seconds, with google, with wikipedia, even with the audiogames.net forum.

I haven't installed! any addons, this is just the basic program.

i know it's got good reports, but clearly there is something in my pc it doesn't like, ---- and frankly as I said,despite lots of websites screaming about me using an incomaptible brouser I've only found one or two things that won't work with ie8, most things are fine, ---- but it was because! I was finding those issues that I was looking at firefox as an alternative, but it just doesn't seem to work, which is why I call it unstable.

beware the grue!

Dark.
----- O