Also, how should I proceed with writing this, given that at least one
of my characters is rather profane. I don't want to dumb down the
character just to make the story people-friendly, so is a rating at
the beginning insurance enough?

I was thinking something like:

This story contains graphic violence, course language, and adult situations.

Is that enough?

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard