hi!
i also have an ipod touch 4th gen,
the tilting problems in aurifi are really anoying indeed, and it's a bug
as far as i can tell. maybe they should have added an alternative to the
tilting, for example in the part where you need to put the sound in the
center you could drag your finger in the screen and swipe left and right
to control the sound, it would be less frustrating and a better game.
speaking of papa sangre after playing a few levels you will be able to
know where to touch to advance to the next part with voiceover turned
off. when you complete a level the woman will tell what's next,
congratulate you, etc. then you can turn voiceover on and drag your
finger to learn where the "continue" button is, then you will get used
to it.
i don't know if in the current version you can enable the voiceover
notifications in the game, but in the old versions it was located in
settings, you had to flick right a lot of times to find an item called
"papa sangre" then you could enable it.
the problem with the controls getting reversed happen because you tilt
the device, sometimes even shaking it will adapt the screen in different
apps to the way you're holding it, if you want you can block the
orientation of the screen by launching the apps switcher, when you're in
the home screen just press home button twice, use three fingers to move
left/right between pages until you find the thing to lock the
orientation, after enabling it just close the app switcher and you won't
have the controls reversed in the games and apps.

some other games that i strongly advise you to try are stem stumper, dimensions,
hanging with friends, roll it, iblackjack, minesweeper, etc, there are
lots of games available.
you can check almost all accessible apps going to
www.applevis.com
sorry for my bad spelling and english.
best regards!