Hi Charles,

Definitely much less. I think a standard version of Monopoly goes for
$20 and sometimes cost a little more if it is a promotional version. I
once saw a Monopoly set for $40, but what made it so expensive is that
it was electronic. What I mean by that is you could put batteries in
the board and when you set the houses on the board they would light up
like a little town or city which was pretty cool. However, no
mainstream copy of Monopoly ever costs $75 unless it is a rare
collectors edition. Otherwise figure $20 to $30 range on average.

Scrabble costs even less. i think the last time I was looking at games
at Wal-Mart Scrabble was only like $12. Its not very expensive at all.
For the price the accessible versions cost its cheaper to buy the
basic Scrabble game and just slap braille labels on the
pieces. Which is what i do most of the time anyway.

For example, I have several different versions of Monopoly. Most of
them have special movie or show themes so are slightly different from
the basic versions. I have the Star Wars Monopoly game where you have
little tokens of Luke, Han, Chewie, etc and instead of houses you have
x-wings and tie fighters. I have the Lord of the Rings set with
minature tokens of the main characters, and instead of houses you
build towers and fortresses. The Star Trek: Next Generation set is
really unique because its basically a huge map of the Enterprise and
you go around buying up pieces of the Enterprise. How's that for
strange?

Anyway, since I know i can't buy accessible versions of those games I
just buy them and braille them myself. Its no big deal to take a sheet
of braille label, write up a list of the properties, and have my wife
stick them on the board. Brailling the cards, money, etc is also
pretty easy. it is time consuming, but otherwise fairly straight
forward.