I suppose though that it is more elegant than a teleport. It keeps the
realism of the game up, which I admire.

Just to make sure, I'll summarize the zombie issue in my own words,
and you just tell me if I'm write or not:
The number and type of zombies is controlled server-side. Their
initial positions are also controlled by the server, but any
interactions that a player has with the client-side zombie control
systems may pull the zombie toward that player. The server, when it is
updated, sends the other clients a command to make that zombie walk
toward where it is most likely to be, given the interactions of the
player or players and their clients with the swamp world server.
Therefore, it is possible for a zozmbie not to have been updated on
one player's client, be shot by that player and disappear on the way
toward another player's client.

I wonder, does the serer send the zombie the message to begin moving
the zombie with the haste it should require to be at the disruptive
player's location? What I mean is that suppose Bob attracted a zombie,
but not in such a way that the zombie is pursuing Bob at full speed.
Sue's client may be sent the information by the server that the zombie
is walking at cruising speed toward Bob, who she just heard fire his
weapon. But Bob might do something else to attract the zombie in the
mean time, and Sue's client's zombie wouldn't get there as rapidly
anyway, so what if the server told Sue's client's zombie to walk fast
enough that it will be present at the location it should be at in time
to reach the next server update, rather like sending the zombies on
scavenger hunts. Go here at reasonable speed, then we'll tell you what
to do next. It does reduce the shamble a little, but it ups the chance
of having everyones' zombies at coinciding locations.

I know that last bit was confusing.

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard