From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Scansoft Realspeak Voices and 64-bit Windows

Hi Simon,

Yes, its absolutely software piracy. It makes no difference if Nuance,
Freedom Scientific, etc makes it available or not. The law is the law.

It amazes me how many people fail to understand copyright law. It is
all rapped up in that end user license agreement you get with your
software product. If it says you are not to resell, share, or
redistribute the software with a third-party that is exactly what it
means. If the company decides to stop selling the product it does not
suddenly make it legal to share the software with a third-party. The
end user license agreement is still legally enforcible in the United
States, Canida,  United Kingdom, and wherever else the software was
sold. I would agree with many that this sucks, is often unfair, but
that is the way copyright law works.

Believe me when I say I'm not a fan of copyright law. If I legally
could I'd give the software away too. However, as our list attempts to
keep everything on the up and up I can not legally just pass on the
voices to anyone who wants a copy.

Cheers!