Right, but it was not announced on0list as a playable game, which is
the reason for the unpopularity. I'm not the best at keeping up with
my audyssey e-ails, but I know that I'd have jumped on the chance to
learn more about and play this game after hearing about it on the web
radio show where I first heard of it.

And as for comparing it to Swamp, it is hard not to do that. Right
now, it feels like there's tension between the control schemes in
place, sort of a "Try both" mind set, which is fine. It's a beta,
after all, and I'm sure that it'll be more smoothed out and detailed
once it's a full release.

If we're going to compare TRTR to Swamp, let's do it fairly. When
Swamp was in beta, there was no weapon specs documentation. People
complained endlessly about the radar. The control scheme for movement
stayed the same, but other stuff changed pretty regularly. There were
a lot of bugs to deal with. That sounds pretty similar to Road to Rage
at this point in development. And there's one more comparison I want
to make. The sounds for Swamp were not at all finalized, een in full
releases, so the fact that the ambience is loud or the different guns
or bleeps are odd to some people is just a signal to try new sounds.
That'll probably happen.

Comparison is good, if we keep everything in perspective. Don't be
afraid to make something better by standing it next to another thing.
Offense shouldn't be an issue, nor should pride, so long as we who
compare are neither offensive nor overly prideful in return.

Enjoy the games, both of them, and see their differences and
similarities. Don't expect The Road to Rage to be a PVP application of
the Swamp engine. Take it in on it's own merits, of which there are
plenty, and as I said before, enjoy the game.

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard