Then people will start paying attention to who leads the mission. If
someone keeps getting kicked out of a mission led by Jeepers-Creepers,
then that person won't go with Jeepers-Creepers anymore. I think that
a solution depending on team leader choice would be very appropriate.
Frankly, We keep hearing about all these ways to kick someone out once
a mission has started. I say why not make that impossible and just
allow people to kick before it begins.

If you end up taking a dud, at least you know not to do it again. That
makes sense, especially considering that it's hard to tell a person
where a crate is without using a language, and it's hard, now, to know
what language or channel a person will be using.

Let me give an example of how frustratingly inadequate it can seem to
try to tell someone you can't talk with directly over chat where
something is. In this case, it is a person, not an object, and that
person was a character of mine. And this has happened several times
with several people.

I was on the second floor of the hospital and I broke my leg/twisted
my ankle/hatever. My character was limping about in need of healing. I
tried requesting a medic and for people to come here and greeting
people and all that with the voice prompts of my character. There were
no less than four other people on the floor, and three of them were
nearby. None of them came to help. None of them, I think, knew the
words my character was using in the voice prompts. That's not meant to
be insulting to the people, and there are other explanations for why
they didn't come to me, but depending on excellent communication on a
mission is tricky and not at all reasonable.

Frankly, it is an inelegant solution, at best, to have someone find a
crate and try to get someone else over there. The biggest problem
aside from communication is that it's hard to remember, unless you
have only a couple of people on the mission, who has and who has not
found a crate. Then you have to keep up with the time elapsed since
each person has found their last crate.

then there's the problem of escort duty. I've ran several missions in
which I assigned people to duties. One of those was escort duty, which
was a good idea, since the person looking for crates wasn't a terribly
good shot. They did, however, navigate well and could look for crates
extremely efficiently. That escort never found a crate, by
technicality, since they never picked one up, and they were, frankly,
not very good at looking for crates, but they could shoot well, and
they played a vital role in the mission. Why, then, should they be
punished for that role, simply because they aren't picking up crates.

I say that, because of all the difficulties facing anyone who would be
using the method you describe, that it is not viable.

I still suggest that something be done, and perhaps that something may
involve awaiting a time limit of some sort before the team leader can
kick a player, but if that time limit is dependent on a player finding
a crate, and if crates are so rare, and if there are several players
on the mission, the methodology for mission control is going to have
to be significantly different.

Yes, i understand that this may lead to discrimination by team
leaders. I know that this would be unfair, but the frank truth is that
discrimination is part of life, and there are plenty of people who
might take a person on missions, or they could go alone. If that isn't
viable either, then a minimum team requirement could be set in place
for certain missions. This would mean that people couldn't go certain
missions alone and would have to take people, and it would seem to
level the playing field a bit.

This message has been long, so I hope it goes through.

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard