Dark,

I'm the same way about old games like Zork, and it's part of the
reason AA has it's "no catrub puzzles" policy.  I don't like playing
guessing games; I like to learn little things, and put them together
in interesting ways to do other things.  I like to explore and see
what's going on, to learn and piece together the story.  A lot of the
puzzles in Zork really took away from that by throwing ridiculous
roadblocks in the way of the exploration.

Dennis Towne

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com