Hi Dark,

Well, in this case hard candy is just that. Things like Jolly
Ranchers, Jaw Breakers, some lollipops, and so on are a very hard
candy that could break a tooth if you bite them. You suck them until
they are soft and then eat them or just suck them until they
completely melt in your mouth. So by hard candy they really mean hard
candy. :D

Soft candy are things like gummy worms, gummy bears, sour patches, and
star burst which are very soft and chewy.

Interesting enough though there are some candies like Lifesavers that
come in a hard candy form or as soft candy. The soft Lifesavers are
called Gummy Savers and, I personally think they taste better than the
original hard candy Lifesavers. Just thinking of Lifesavers makes me
want to go out an buy a couple of packs of mixed berry or wild berry
savers. Lol!