Dark, once you get a few more levels I think you'd really like the northern continent area. It's full of those kinds of puzzles. As of now (and I hardly know half of what's there) I've found a maze, multiple stories, and a bunch of code to be decrypted. I'd have to say that if you enjoy exploring areas and figuring out puzzles it's one of the best and most rewarding parts of any game I've ever scene.
----- Original Message -----
From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 15:01:11 +0100
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Dentin's apparent space game?

I've certainly heard of star control before, and of the D&D games, and there
are still more on the net for example I heard about a game called
transcendence created by the same developer as that text based sf empire building game anacreon, but unfortunately it's fully graphical and the combat is real time despite it having skills, plot, exploration, npc
interaction, different characters and such.

This is again what is frustrating, sinse though there are lots of text based scifi empire building mmorpgs, scifi trading morpgs, or scifi spaceship flying mmorpgs, all of them are basically focused on roleplay, raising stats and beating the other player, not on what is for me the most interesting thing about a scifi setting, seaking out new worlds, exploring new life and
new civilizations etc.

The only exception is core exiles, but even there the exploration system isn't as major a part of the game as I would like, and also much of the focus of the game is on economics, production and advancement, ---- though exploration sis a little more of a mainstream activity than the sideline
affair it used to be.

Still, I'd love to see a game where full ship flying and exploration of the area around you was the main focus, just the way that in alter there are massive mazelike zones with interesting things to find in them and the
explorer points system even rewards you for doing so.

Beware the grue!