If you had version 1.14 the game should be able to update. Or try this link and see if it downloads. If it does, replace the play.exe in the game directory with this one.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3394499/play.exe
This should be version 1.29 and if it isn't try updating it again.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah Haake" <ti...@gmx.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2012 6:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] i am able to run Bokurano daiboukenn nowandIhavespeach!!! now what?

Hi,

this game drives me crazy!

I read the messages about getting english speech in the game and wanted to try it. I noticed that I still had version 1.14, so I tried the update option in the game, which didn't work. So I downloaded the game again from the audiogames.net forum, but now it seems to be completely broken!
When I try to run play.exe, I get this error:
error 39 in line -1

So, what is this supposed to mean and how can I fix it?

I'm now trying to get this game running for five days!

Thanks for help and best regards
Sarah