I'd need a little more information to give you character-specific hints, but in general you want to stay in areas apropriate to your level. If you're getting creamed in one area, it's probably best to avoid that for a few levels. I'm not sure what your primary class is, but if you're a thief/warrior, don't underestimate the power of the low level buf spells, such as
armor/bless/faith shield.
----- Original Message -----
From: lindsay_cow...@btinternet.com
To: Audyssey <gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 03:38:34 +0000
Subject: [Audyssey] Alter Aeon Game Tips

Hi all. I play Alter aeon as Laurette. I find it really frustrating when I die all the time, even though I know dying is part of the game. I know Alter Aeon is about exploring, but I seem to die when I explore. I also struggle with staying in a place too long when I find somewhere and ending up getting you don't learn very much from that battle. Does anyone have any tips for better gameplay, so that I can advance, rather than dying and losing xp all the time?

Lindsay Cowell.