They can be targetted, but they don't show up on the grid from what I've seen. The idea is just to target a tile within range of the skill and it will hit enemies either on that tile or surrounding tiles depending on the skill being used. Not only that but not all skills target enemies and not all of them can even be targetted, some of them just affect the character's surroundings or allies, etc. there are tons of different types and affects.

From: "ryan chou" <ryan.chou1...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2013 01:47 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Brave of Cloudia skills questions

each skill has its range, so that's probably why you're seeing an empty grid
if there are enemies they'll show up on that grid
hth

On 1/27/13, Sarah Haake <ti...@gmx.net> wrote:
Hi,

so, I got a good bit further today, only have one map left in the plains
now. My characters started getting skills now, but I don't really get how
they work. When I chose a skill, I get a grid like in browse mode, but there

is nothing on it. No enemies and not my chars either. What is the point of that? I thought that this grid would be there to target an enemy or one of
my chars, but it makes it a bit difficult when the grid is empty. Any
explanations would be helpful.

Thanks and best regards
Sarah