I think this comes down to a definition of what's accessible... as Brian already said, that while things like the wii are not accessible in the traditional sense that audio games are, they are very much accessible in the way we can access them and play them effectively. Personally, again agree with brian... I wouldn't ever play wii sports by myself, or any other sports or rhythm game for that matter. Those are just more fun to do with friends... and actually, you don't have to try and find the start button, as long as you're pointing the control on an item on the screen of the system menu, the item will click and controller will vibrate. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Rivard" <wee1s...@fidnet.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2013 4:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] weii bowling cannot be played independently by theblind - Re: Accessable games for the playstation three.

I notice that you say that you have to "try" to find the correct game and to "try" to find the start button. To me, the hunt and peck method of finding what you want is very undesirable. If you could raise or lower the triggering device to the top or bottom and count clicks from a known reference point, then it would be accessible.

But once the game has started, can you accurately and skillfully play the games with a known target with no sighted assistance? If not, it is not accessible. Wildly and randomly shooting, or just guessing when or where to shoot or aim is not playing with skill. You might succeed by pure luck or on a chance, but you're not using any actual skill.

--
If guns kill people, writing implements cause grammatical and spelling errors!