well it was only a suggestion, having both text and cast would be fine epsecially with blogs and such.

At 05:37 AM 3/8/2013, you wrote:
While switching to a podcast format sounds like a good idea, what would be the advantages? In the current format, submissions are easily created by anyone. You edit as needed, then publish. Links to sites of interest are included. Articles can be found or skipped as desired very simply.

In a podcast, submissions would have to either be created with a sound editing program, which a lot of people either don't have or don't know how to use. Good equipment must be obtained to get decent sound quality. Then you have to edit them anyway, and paste the result into your production. Or, if this isn't how articles get into the mag, someone will have to read submitted articles into a mike. I don't see the advantages of this. I think of this last approach as to either reading braille or listening to a Talking Book, in which case, I would prefer the braille and read it myself. I do not see the advantage of listening to someone read the written text to me if I can read it myself in the form of an Email. Then again, I'm listening to a computer read it to me, anyway, unless a braille display is used, which is not an option for a lot of list subscribers.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Schamerhorn" <blindwon...@cogeco.ca>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Important Notice For All List Members

Hi

I'll have to agree. Yes I'll admit to dropping the ball on things but like Tom says it's life and computer crashes don't help. and all things being equal whenever did Shaun ever submit something? I had both my primary and external die in about a month of each other. I do want to switch to more of a podcast format as I agree it's time to move. a friend and I are working on it. I plan to stay at the helm it just takes some thinking in an alternative version.

Ron