Hi Dark,

Agreed. At this point releasing something complete would be a step in
the right direction. You'll get no argument from me on that.

One of the things I think that makes Shades of Doom such a good game
is that its fully accessible, but it is also difficult too. On the
higher difficulty levels you really have to be good to get through all
nine areas. With area 9 being the worst since you can't save and take
a breather.

Shades of Dooms levels are structured as mazes which adds some
complexity to the game besides the usual creatures like mutant dogs,
mutant rats, mutant humans, blobs, and so forth. I know this aspect
throws some gamers off, but for someone who is into exploration it
took me a couple of months to really get the hang of all nine areas.
That added a great deal of replay value for me, because I couldn't
finish it all in one sitting.

Even now that I've beaten the game many times I still can't sit down
and complete it all at one go. I have to break it up over a couple of
sessions which adds some replay value right there. Its just so big
that you need lots of time to play Shades from start to finish.

I think when I do finish MOTA, or whatever we want to call it, I want
it to have those two aspects. I want it to have enough levels or areas
that it can't be completed in one session, and I want it to have
enough difficulty that it is worth finishing the game after a number
of retries. I think it is those aspects that make for a good game.