  From: Thomas Ward
  To: Gamers Discussion list
  Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Star Trek ship info

  Hi Al,

  As this is game related I'll allow this topic on list. Moreover since
  I'm an expert at this sort of thing I'll go ahead and answer your
  questions. Below are your questions and my answers.

  1. Do quantum torpedo's work only on borg ships, how much damage do
  they do compared to a photon? Like double? Are shields effective
  against quantum's?

  A quantum torpedo will work on any enemy ship it is fired at.
  According to the Deep Space 9 technical manual the standard quantum
  torpedo will do 50 megawatts of damage as apposed to the standard 18
  megawatts of a standard photon torpedo. So its almost three times as
  powerful as a standard photon.

  2. what class of ship is the defiant? How does it's gatling phasers
  compare to a phaser shot from the enterprise D or enterprise E?

  The Defiant is a Defiant-Class Escort. As with U.S. Navy ships the
  ships in Star Trek get their class name from the first ship in that
  class to be built. In this case the U.S.S. Defiant was the first ship
  in its class to be built and placed in active service.

  As for the pulse phasers I couldn't find an exact amount of damage for
  this, but its suppose to deliver about three times the damage of a
  type x phaser. Since the type x on the Enterprise D does about 5.1
  megawatts of shield damage per phaser it must be somewhere between 15
  and 16 megawatts of power per shot..

  3. Does anyone have any trek websites with good ship break downs for
  the famous ships? Mostly crew sizes and clas type.

  I'll have to look for my old bookmarks file for Firefox, but I had a
  couple of websites that had copies of the Star Trek technical manuals
  as well as other related materials that you could read online.