steve-

to get gexec working with 2.5.0... you need to compile the monitor-core
with --enable-gexec.  the reason gexec thinks there are no hosts up is
because no gmond is multicasting that it is available.

if ( host_up && gexec_available ) { use_that_host; }

if you run "gstat -a" you'll see that all your hosts are showing Gexec
OFF.

brent (the author of gexec) and i talked on the phone yesterday.  he is
happy to lend informational help about the code but doesn't have much time
to do any coding on it.  i told him that i wanted to revisit gexec for
ganglia 3 and modernize it to take advantage of the new features.

if you want to jump into it go right ahead.  btw, i loved the earlier
message about the ganglia "community" idea.

i'm in the final stretch for building the internal data structure for
ganglia 3.  i'm also preparing a presentation for the linux users group at
lbl (http://lug.lbl.gov)... they asked me to speak for 1.5 hour.  you
don't mind if i quote you on the ganglia community model .. do you?  :)

-matt

Today, Steven Wagner wrote forth saying...