Hi there,

I'm just trying out 2.5.8 and hit some build problems. The libraries in
lib/.libs were being created without .so in their name. It appears that
libtool now uses a variable to determine the extension for libraries,
setting shrext_cmds, but then using shared_ext further down the script.

Am I just being dumb or is there a problem?

Stu
--
|  Stuart Teasdale      | Atmospheric, Oceanic and Planetary Physics   |
|  System Manager       | University of Oxford                         |