Can I check in about this issue again?

I would really like to have Debian packages form the regular Debian package tree and currently they cannot add the Ganglia package because of these licensing issue's, even though the maintainer has it ready to go.

Now I keep on building them on my own by hand everytime and I am tired of it! ;)

So what is the status on this if I might ask.

Regards,
- Ramon.

Bernard Li wrote:

No, that's the result of an incorrect default. I don't think there is a
plan at this point.  The GPL'd code in the linux support should take
less than a days work to replace if someone wants to do that.

Well it looks like Brian here just volunteered himself! ;-)

Joking aside, I think we really need to get this resolved ASAP, any
takers?  Please?

Cheers,

.--------------------------------------------.
| ing. Ramon Bastiaans                       |
| HPC - Systems Programmer                   |
| SARA - Computing and Networking Services   |
| Kruislaan 415           PO Box 194613      |
| 1098 SJ Amsterdam       1090 GP Amsterdam  |
| Mail:  bastiaans ( a t ) sara ( d o t ) nl |
| Web:   http://www.sara.nl/                 |
| Phone: +31 (0)20 592 80 19                 |
| Fax:   +31 (0)20 668 31 67                 |