Martin,

Thanks for the tip. Yes, it seems that the rrd_helpers.c file is where I
will have to start.
I think that maybe we should have a separate helper file for MySql insertion
(or any DB insertion)
and have that as a separate option for ganglia. So people will have a choice
of where to store data.

Yes, storing data in a DB will introduce the capacity issue which rrd
avoided but in my case
I need the data to be stored in a DB and capacity is not an issue. For cases
where capacity is an issue,
it should be fairly easy to write a cron-type script for truncating/deleting
data older than a particular date.

I'll keep you updated on my progress in this area. Unfortunately I'm new to
C programming so its slow going.
Do let me know if you have any further suggestions/ideas/advice.

Thanks and regards
Arjun